From first puppy to senior companion, learning opportunities never end. Private Training sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs and goals you have with your dog. At your scheduled convenience, you will have Leea’s undivided attention and support as a certified professional dog trainer to help you:
- Learn how to be a confident, caring handler for your dog
- Effectively train new good manners or strengthen existing skills so you and your dog are a strong and happy team
- Problem solve common behavior issues that surface at different ages
- Explore new ways to connect with your dog, like Agility or Tricks and Games training
Your first session will include an initial consultation so we can get to know each other and assess the training needs. All techniques used in training are positive-based approaches to learning that foster a strong partnership between you and your dog in order to support lasting change. Each program is individually designed to support you in attaining the results you want, and requires your full participation for successful results.
Frequently requested Private Training includes (but is not limited to):
For new puppy owners. Learn how to set up your home, yourself and your puppy for easy training and a great relationship from day one. Includes: house and crate training, socializing, teething, biting, jumping, diet, good toys, safety, puppies and children, good manners, and more. You will come away with confidence to understand and successfully raise your puppy.
Good Manners & Beginning Skills
For puppies and adult dogs with no prior training. Learn basic skills that all dogs should know—including: watch, sit, stand, down, stay, come, go to bed, polite leash walking and heeling. Also learn how to stop unwanted behavior like jumping and nipping.
Adolescent Attitude Adjustments & Skill Strengthening
For adolescent and adult dogs who have already had some basic training. Take your initial training to a next step to ensure reliable performance under distracting conditions, or work with unruly or overly exuberant behavior like: jumping on guests, not listening, barking, unwillingness to come, destructive digging, and chewing. Sessions will be individually designed for your needs.
Private Training Sessions are available year round by appointment primarily at Foranimals, Lenox, MA or at your location when necessary.
- Initial One-Hour Appointment—$85—will begin with discussion and observation time to get to know one another, address your specific needs and goals and begin the training process.
- One Hour Followup Sessions / $70—Basic skills and manners and solutions for common problems like jumping, barking, etc. for puppy-adult dogs.
For more extensive behavior challenges please see Behavior Modification page for fees and services.
- 5 Lesson Package after the Initial Appointment / $335
Training equipment: for safety or ease of handling may be recommended or required. Purchase will be at the owners' expense and is not included in the above training fees.
Travel fees: If it is essential to work with you at a location other than Foranimals in Lenox, MA, travel fees will be assessed individually but the minimum travel fee will be $15 beyond the Lenox-Pittsfield area.
To schedule your first appointment, contact Leea to discuss your training needs. You will then be sent a questionnaire to complete in preparation for your first private training session along with information about what to bring to the session and the latest COVID guidelines.